05-Days’ CQI-IRCA Certified Lead Auditor Course on ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health & Safety Management System
IPS Pakistan offers a Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)-International Register for Certificated Auditor (IRCA) Certified, highly-anticipated 03-days’ ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor Course (1908), in collaboration with HKV Academy (01185621), a CQI-IRCA Approved Training Partner (ATP) with a purpose to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems (OHSMS) against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as an OHSMS auditor or an OHS professional.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hours closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered OHSMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
- Line/Support function personnel who are involved in OHSMS implementation;
- Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an OHSMS;
- All OHSMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status.
On completion, successful students will be able to:
Describe the purpose of an OHSMS including the principles of hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal and other requirements as described in ISO 45001, of OHSMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification;
Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an OHSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate);
Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an OHSMS to establish conformity with ISO 45001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
- General introduction;
- Occupational health and safety principles, vocabulary and ISO 45001 requirements;
- Stage 1 audit (including document review); Audit planning;
- Process auditing and audit skills;
- Writing NC reports and audit reporting; Audit follow up.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed to help students to be familiar with the style of the examination.
CQI IRCA recommends students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- The OHS management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the purpose and benefits of an OHSMS; a basic knowledge of managing OHS through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control, and compliance with legal and other requirements; relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements; and terms and definitions in ISO 45001;
- The requirements of ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA certified OHSMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
05 Days / 40 Hours plus 2 hour Written Examination