05-Days’ CQI-IRCA Certified Lead Assessor Course on ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Lab QMS
IPS Pakistan offers an all-unique Chartered Quality Institute (CQI)-International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certified ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Lab. QMS Lead Assessor Course, in collaboration with HKV Academy (01185621), a CQI-IRCA Approved Training Partner (ATP).
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party assessments of laboratory quality management system (Lab. QMS) against ISO 17025, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17011, as applicable. This training course has been adapted to requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for the competence in testing and calibration laboratories.
Capitalising on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a QMS auditor or as a quality professional in a laboratory environment.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2 hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA certificated QMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
- CEO’s, Directors
- Staff who are responsible to establish, implement and maintain a laboratory QMS;
- Potential assessors nominated by accreditation bodies who wish to receive an intensive training in order to fulfill the prerequisite requirements of assessors/lead assessors;
- Those who wish to explore career opportunities in testing and calibration laboratories;
On completion, successful students will be able to:
• Describe purpose of a quality management system, of quality management system and technical requirements in ISO/IEC 17025:2017, of accreditation assessment;
• Explain the role of an lead assessor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an assessment in accordance with ISO/IEC 17011;
• Plan, conduct, report and follow up an assessment of a laboratory based on ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- Introduction of EnMS requirements as per ISO 50001
- General introduction;
- ISO 9000 series and laboratory quality management systems;
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements;
- Document and record review;
- Assessment planning;
- On-site assessment;
- Assessment skills;
- Reporting NC reports;
- Assessment report and follow up.
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the examination.
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• Quality management principles and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction; quality management terms and definitions and the Quality Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in quality management; The QMS Process Based Model, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
• The requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO 17025, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
5 days (40 hours including a 2 hour written examination)